AN EVENING WITH AL WORDEN
Meet an Apollo Astronaut!
7.30pm, November 12 – Randolph Hotel, Beaumont Street, Oxford OX1 2LN
Tickets for this event are now available to purchase
On 12 November 2015, Apollo 15 Command Module Pilot, Al Worden will be talking at the Randolph Hotel in Oxford, UK at an evening event organised by the British Interplanetary Society and directly following the internationally renowned ReInventing Space Conference.
Apollo 15 was sent to the moon in July 1971. Its primary mission was to explore a previously unexplored area of the moon, the Hadley-Appenine region. It was the most scientifically in-depth and ambitious mission to the Moon. Using new and improved scientific equipment the crew conducted experiments from orbit, as well as on the ground. Al Worden performed the first ever deep space EVA and still holds the Guinness World Record for “most remote human being”.
“I highly recommend meeting Al Worden! His personality, friendliness and energy makes his memories come alive. I felt as though I had been to the Moon with him!”
The evening’s programme will be:
- Talk by Al Worden followed by Q&A
- Autograph signing (items to buy or bring your own Moon memorabilia)
- Photo opportunities
Al Worden will be signing autographs, standing for photographs and be available for a ‘meet and greet’ in the Lancaster Room. In the Lancaster Room, you will also have the opportunity to bid on auction items and speak to the other exhibitors.
The Garden Bar is situated in the foyer. It will be a cash bar for the duration of the evening and will provide a selection of drinks.
This British Interplanetary Society event gives you a ‘once in a lifetime’ chance to meet and talk to Al, in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Crescent Moon level: £35 (including entry to Al Worden’s talk.
- Half Moon level: £55 (including entry to Al Worden’s talk, one autograph.
- Full Moon level: £75 (including entry to Al Worden’s talk, one personalised autograph.
- Total Eclipse level: £95 (including entry to Al Worden’s talk, one autograph on a print of your choice, one photograph with Al Worden
Click on the links above to book tickets
Please note: Items will be on sale throughout the evening.
- – Photographs of Al: £5 each
- – Additional photographs with Al: £40
- – Additional Autographs: £25
- – Falling to Earth: £25 (Biography written by Al Worden and Francis French) – subject to availability
Revenue from “An Evening With Al Worden” raises funds for the mission of the British Interplanetary Society – initiating, promoting and disseminating new concepts and technical information about space flight and astronautics. the BIS is the world’s oldest space advocacy organisation.