UK visa rules define the attendance of conferences as subject to its Business Visa classification. Certain nationals will require a visa to attend the ReInventing Space conference. These countries are specified upon this page from the UK Border Agency.
To come to the UK as a business visitor, you must be able to show that:
- you are 18 or over;
- you intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months
- you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- you have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds
- you are based abroad and do not intend to transfer your base to the UK, even temporarily;
- you receive your salary from abroad (although it is acceptable for you to receive reasonable travel and subsistence expenses while you are in the UK);
- not be replacing someone in the UK, including for temporary leave periods;
- you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
- you are not in transit to a country outside the ‘Common Travel Area’ (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).