Concession-rate RISpace day tickets are available here for Thursday 26 October 2017.
The third day of Reinventing Space 2016 features ideas beyond LEO – applications and looking to the far future.
The Beyond Earth Orbit session will explore the plans to expand beyond Earth orbit, both for exploration and exploitation of new resources. Resources from the moon, Mars and Near Earth Asteroids all have great promise for the terrestrial economy and space propulsion, but what are the stepping stones to achieve this?
Fundamental to a number of the new commercial opportunities are technology breakthroughs. Laser communications, cubesat propulsion, solar sails, on-board advanced data processing all promise to deliver enhance the performance of the next generation satellites.
The following qualify for discount rate (concession) day tickets for the 15th Reinventing Space Conference and can purchase tickets here:
- Authors or co-authors of RISpace 2017 papers, submitted before the deadline of 30 June, regardless of whether or not that paper was accepted for presentation
- Members and Fellows of the British Interplanetary Society, Members of the Nederlandse Vereniging voor Ruimtevaart (NVR), Members of the Canadian Space Society (CSS) and Members of Women In Aerospace Europe.
- Students in full-time education with a valid student card
- Students who attended the International Space University 2017 Summer Studies Programme in Cork, Ireland.
Concession day tickets cost £99.00
The following options are available to purchase a concession rate day ticket:
- The BIS eShop is open for credit card sales and does not pass on a purchase charge.
- Eventbrite. This is currently open and honours most payment methods. Please note that it passes on a purchase charge to the buyer (net purchase cost = £105.73)
- RISpace 2017 PayPal Gateway. This does not pass on a purchase charge and uses the Paypal system.
If you do not qualify for a concession ticket, you should purchase a standard Thursday day ticket.
If you wish to be invoiced for attendance at Reinventing Space rather than paying by credit card, please send an email to email@example.com clearly stating the days on which you want to attend. Supply the registrant’s name, billing address and company name in the body of the email.
You may pay for RISpace tickets by phoning the office of the British Interplanetary Society on +44 20 7735 3160 during UK office hours (09:00 – 17:00 GMT) – we can process your card over the phone.
Since VAT is no longer payable on the conference ticket prices, the cost of the ticket is as listed and will not be subject to a 20% tax on checkout.
VAT however remains payable on the conference dinner.
If, after your confirmation email and receipt when using the PayPal option, your status under ‘My Bookings’ is still listed as ‘Awaiting PayPal Payment’, please assume there are no problems. It seems to be a glitch in the system.
Revenue from the Reinventing Space conference and exhibition directly raises funds for the mission of the British Interplanetary Society – initiating, promoting and disseminating new concepts and technical information about space flight and astronautics. The BIS is the world’s oldest space advocacy organisation.
Terms and Conditions
If a registrant is unable to attend the event for any reason they may substitute, by arrangement and free of charge, someone else from the same institute/organisation.
Where the registrant is unable to attend, and is not in a position to transfer his/her place to another person or to another event, then the following refund arrangements apply:
- Registrations cancelled more than 60 days before the event will be refunded 80% of the registration fees. No such refunds are available if the booking was made using the Eventbrite system.
- Registrations cancelled less than 60 but more than 30 days before the event will be refunded 50% of the registration fees. No such refunds are available if the booking was made using the Eventbrite system.
- Registrations cancelled less than 30 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund..
Important note for failed visa applications
Notification must be received by us in writing (email or fax) not later than 10 (ten) working days before the conference starts for refunds to be eligible. Cancellations received after this cut-off time will not be eligible for refund. Saturday and Sunday do not count as working days.
- Cancellations from authors made after a failed visa application will be fully refunded on evidence of that failed application. In this event, the paper will still be published in the conference proceedings and delegates will receive an electronic copy of the proceedings.
- Cancellations from non-authors made after a failed visa application will be refunded the registration fees paid less an administration charge of £50 per participant registered
No VAT is payable on RISpace tickets.