April early bird registration ends on Sunday 30 April
You may buy the following for the 15th Reinventing Space Conference.
The April early bird period offers tickets for the full week at a 20% discount compared to the final price.
There will an early bird period during the course of May with a 10% ticket discount, after which standard tickets become available.
Tuesday day ticket £199.00
Wednesday day ticket £199.00
Thursday day ticket £199.00
Tuesday student day ticket £99.00
Wednesday student day ticket £99.00
Thursday student day ticket £99.00
Our current payment system uses PayPal only – we will be increasing the payment method options later in the year.
Until this is available, If you wish to pay by credit card but not use PayPal, please phone the office of the British Interplanetary Society on +44 20 7735 3160 during UK office hours (09:00 – 17:00 GMT) where we can process your card over the phone. Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the days on which you want to attend. Supply the registrant’s name, billing address and company name in the body of the email.
Also, if you wish to be invoiced for attendance at Reinventing Space rather than paying by credit card, please send an email to email@example.com clearly stating the days on which you want to attend. Supply the registrant’s name, billing address and company name in the body of the email.
We will honour any early bird rates according to the datestamp on emails.
We are pleased to have received a ruling from the UK tax authorities so that Value Added Tax (VAT) is no longer charged on our conference tickets. As we have frozen the prices for RISpace 2016, some registrants who could not reclaim VAT previously will benefit from a 20% discount as compared to 2015.
Since VAT is no longer payable on the conference ticket prices, the cost of the ticket is as listed and will not be subject to a 20% tax on checkout.
VAT however remains payable on the conference dinner.
If, after your confirmation email and receipt from PayPal, your status under ‘My Bookings’ is still listed as ‘Awaiting PayPal Payment’, please assume there are no problems. It seems to be a glitch in the system.
Revenue from the Reinventing Space conference and exhibition directly raises funds for the mission of the British Interplanetary Society – initiating, promoting and disseminating new concepts and technical information about space flight and astronautics. The BIS is the world’s oldest space advocacy organisation.
You might want to book some accommodation. View the options on this page.
You can be kept up-to-date by joining our mailing list.
Terms and Conditions
If a registrant is unable to attend the event for any reason they may substitute, by arrangement and free of charge, someone else from the same institute/organisation.
Where the registrant is unable to attend, and is not in a position to transfer his/her place to another person or to another event, then the following refund arrangements apply:
- Registrations cancelled more than 60 days before the event will be refunded 80% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 60 but more than 30 days before the event will be refunded 50% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 30 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund.
- Registrations from authors cancelled as a result of a paper not being accepted will be refunded 80% of the registrations fees. The remaining 20% of the fee contributes to administration costs incurred.
- Cancellations from authors made after a failed visa application will be refunded the registration fees paid in excess of £200, which covers the costs associated with processing the paper. In this event, the paper will still be published in the conference proceedings and delegates will receive an electronic copy of the proceedings. Early bird Student registrations are not refundable in this instance.
- Cancellations from non-authors made after a failed visa application will be refunded the registration fees paid less an administration charge of £50 per participant registered.
Important note for failed visa applications
Notification must be received by us in writing (email or fax) not later than 10 (ten) working days before the conference starts for refunds to be eligible. Cancellations received after this cut-off time will not be eligible for refund. Saturday and Sunday do not count as working days.
UK Value Added Tax (VAT) at 20% is shown separately within the delegate price.
Once your payment is made, your issued invoice is also a VAT receipt.
If you are not domiciled within the European Union (EU), Reinventing Space 2015 is categorised as a ‘trade fair’ and certain categories of attendees may reclaim the VAT portion of the conference cost (along with accommodation and travel costs). For further information, please visit the official UK tax office web page at www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/international/nonEU-visits.htm.
If you are domiciled within the EU but not the UK, certain categories of attendee may also reclaim VAT. The official UK tax rules are specified here:www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/international/EU-visits.htm.
If you or your organisation are VAT registered within the UK, your normal VAT procedures apply.
Please note that the Reinventing Space Conference must apply VAT under UK law but cannot become involved, outside the issue of the tax receipt, in further issues involving VAT rebates.